Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Coach


Micky Ward, i.e., The Fighter, recently gave le Kamp Koop's evening squash players a few pointers.  Here is a direct quote from the lesson:


Micky Ward: Yeah. You know, racquetball you slug it out. I hit, you hit. Squash is a chess game, you know. I'm gonna pick my shots to take him down. I'm goin' drop, cross, drop, cross.
 
Bobby: What is drop, cross, drop, cross?
 
Micky Ward: Well, I hit him a drop shot. Then he's gonna go up to protect himself, so it opens up the court and I'm gonna hit him with a cross shot. And he goes back down the court, I go back up to the drop shot. He goes back up the court and I hit him with the cross shot. You know people don't know squash. Thinking you do a lotta damage hittin' somebody with a drop, but you actually do more hitting them with a cross.

Bobby: Wow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment